Two injured in accident east of Essex Friday evening (5/27/23)A Puxico resident and a Sikeston resident were injured in a single vehicle accident on County Road 712 three miles east of Essex Friday evening. According to the Missouri Highway Patrol, William F. Brown, 43 of Sikeston and Chelsie M. Newell, 23 of Puxico, were eastbound in a 2006 Nissan Altima. Authorities say the vehicle left the left side of the roadway and struck a culvert...
Free Veterans Fishing Day at Meramec Springs Park (5/26/23)A Veterans Fishing Day has been announced for June 3 at Meramec Springs park. The park is located at 21880 Meramec Springs Dr. in St James, MO. This is a free event. For more information please call 314-280-7014.
Ribbon Cutting at The Meadows (5/25/23)A Ribbon Cutting was held at The Meadows Event Venue Wednesday afternoon. The venue is located at 11049 State Highway ZZ. Owners Scott and Angie Laden are pictured in the middle cutting the ribbon.
- Dexter senior delivers an 'in the moment' relay anchor leg to claim C3 state title (5/28/23)Heading into the final leg of Saturday’s MSHSAA Class 3 3200-meter relay race, the Dexter High School foursome of Anistin Kyle, Cameron Bell, Chase Farmer, and Chris Stone were only a step behind the leader of the race, Priory High School. But the kids from St. Louis weren’t who any team on the track needed to be focused on at that point.
- Cade McCadams sets new Jackson record in state (5/27/23)
- BACK-TO-BACK FOR MORE: Portageville’s relentless pursuit of a state championship continues (5/26/23)
- Graham wins state title for Mules in high jump (5/26/23)
- Dexter senior runner in pursuit of a strong finish to a frustrating season (5/25/23)
- Redhawks season ends with early OVC exit (5/25/23)
- Owen Roberts’ game-winning RBI secures Portageville’s sectional win over Scott City (5/25/23)
Harold Gene (Bud) Hill (5/23/23)Harold Gene (Bud) Hill was born June 11, 1934, near Dudley, MO, the second son of Newman A. and...
Jessica Louise Brown (5/23/23)Jessica Louise Brown, 38, of Brownwood, MO, passed away March 17, 2023, at her home. She was born...
Geraldine Long (5/23/23)Geraldine Long, daughter of the late Robert Wilson and Bessie Link Wilson, was born on September 2,...
Edd Eubanks (5/23/23)Edd Eubanks, son of the late O.K. Eubanks and Clarsa Simmons Eubanks, was born on July 15, 1935, in...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 24Stoddard County Warranty Deeds County Recorder Candy Collier 05/08/2023 to 05/12/2023 • Diane Sontheimer to Ryan Wishon, SEC 2, TWP 23 R 9 • Dylan P. Cato to Joseph Passley, Tammy Passley, SEC 4, TWP 27 R 10 • James McCollum to M6 Properties, SEC 23, TWP 26 R 10...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 17Stoddard County Warranty Deeds County Recorder Candy Collier 05/01/2023-05/05/2023 • Michael D. Lasater, Cheryl G. Lasater to Lang Thi Tran, EASTGATE SUB DEXTER, BLOCK 4, LOT 10, EASTGATE SUB DEXTER, BLOCK 2, LOT 2 • Clarence Dale Cobb to Geren W. Klusmeier, Kaycee M. Klusmeier, DAVID GLENNS ADD ADVANCE, BLOCK 6, LOT 2...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 10Civil Cases Filed • BRITTANY R MARVEL V BRANDON T MARVEL - CC Dissolution- without Children Criminal Cases Filed • ST V ANTHONY L WILLIAMS - Resisting Arrest/Detention/Stop By Fleeing - Creating A Substantial Risk Of Serious Injury/Death To Any Person, Fail To Drive On Right Half Of Rdwy When Rdwy Was Of Sufficient Width, Causing An Immedit Threat Of Accident, Oper A Motor Vehicle In A Careless And Imprudent Manner, Fail To Stop For Stop Sign At Stop Line/Before Crosswalk/Point Nearest Intersection, Driving While Revoked/Suspended - 1st Offense, Operate Motor Vehicle Owned By Another Knowing Owner Of Vehicle Has Not Maintained Financial Responsibility. ...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 3Stoddard County Warranty Deeds County Recorder Candy Collier 04/24/2023 – 04/28/2023 • Brooklyn Metcalf, Brooklyn Dembowski to Edmund T. Dembowski, III, BOLLINGERS FIRST ADD BELL CITY, BLK 2, LOTS 8, 9 AND 10 • Scott Spitzer to Kelsey Spitzer, Keaton Johnson, SEC 2, TWP 23 R 9...
Police & Fire Reports
Dexter Police week of May 3• Leon Williams, 33 of Memphis, was booked at the Dexter City Jail on the charges of driving while suspended or revoked, two counts fail to stop/yeild/obey police, two counts financial responsibility required and fail to drive on right half of roadway when roadway was of sufficient width...
- Indian official suspended after he drains reservoir to retrieve phone he dropped while taking selfie
- Bear helps itself to 60 cupcakes from Connecticut bakery, scares employees
- Man killed in accident in Berlin with old-fashioned paternoster elevator
- Man shot roommate after accusing him of eating the last Hot Pocket, police say
- Teen dies during apparent social media stunt on Los Angeles bridge, police say