QC Supply representative addresses SB40 Board (9/21/21)The Stoddard County Senate Bill 40 (SB40) board was addressed via cell phone by Chris Casteel, vice president of Supply Chain, for QC Supply in regards to the rent the company pays the board. QC Supply is currently renting the former Progressive Industries building owned by the SB40 board...
VFW Post 2659 asks commission for assistance (9/21/21)BLOOMFIELD — Dexter resident Steve Rahm told the Stoddard County Commissioners during Monday’s weekly meeting that VFW Post 2659 needs financial assistance and without it could lose its charter. “This COVID has just ruined us money-wise and member-wise,” Rahm said. “I’m here (because) I wanted to ask if service organizations are eligible for the American Rescue Plan, and if so, what kind of procedure do I use to ask for these monies.”...
Stars and Stripes Museum continues growth and expanded community activities (9/20/21)The National Stars and Stripes Museum Library, located adjacent to the Missouri Veterans’ Cemetery in Bloomfield, is an ever-evolving work-in-progress. Sitting on the site of the former Stoddard County Farm, the Museum is home to living history reenactments, as well as community educational/social activities...
AutosFor sale white 2015 Buick Verano, very good condition. 38,000 miles, one owner, w/Carfax report. $10,800. Call 573-857-2804.
Health & Fitness Equip.Electric treadmill $50. Call 573-820-0960.
PetsFor Sale: Green Cheeked Conure w/parrot type floor cage, small cage and accessories. Text 573-450-1727.
- Boys Soccer Roundup, Sept. 22: Perryville rolls against Seckman, 6-1 (9/23/21)The Perryville boys soccer team has been on a roll as of late, winning seven games in a row after suffering its lone defeat against Notre Dame on Aug. 31. Tuesday was no different, as the Pirates shellacked the Seckman Jaguars, 6-1, as part of the opening round of the Hillsboro Tournament...
- Girls Tennis Roundup, Sept. 22: Jackson picked up its 11th victory of the season with a 7-2 triumph over Mehlville on Wednesday. (9/23/21)
- Semoball volleyball top 10: Woodland takes No. 1 spot in inaugural poll (9/23/21)
- Softball Roundup, Sept. 22: Notre Dame gets home runs from Burnett sisters, smashes Festus, 13-1 (9/23/21)
- Volleyball Roundup, Sept. 22: Cape Central shakes off early deficit, comes back to beat Scott City (9/23/21)
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Cooper Callis matches school record with 6 touchdown passes (9/23/21)
- Bell City wins third-straight behind big night by Asher, Bowling (9/22/21)
Andrew Lee “Andy” Partenberry (9/21/21)Andrew Lee “Andy” Partenberry, son of Kathy Thompson Partenberry and the late Andrew Benny...
Shelby Norman (9/21/21)Shelby Norman 83 of Bentonville, Mo passed September 7, 2021. Funeral services will be Thursday,...
Brian Scott Anthony (9/21/21)Brian Scott Anthony 53 or Dexter, died September 19, 2021. Visitation will be Tuesday, September...
Connie Maxine Blackwell (9/21/21)Connie Maxine Blackwell, daughter of the late Robert Downing and Virginia Wade Downing, was born on...
Trustee WorthingtonNOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE For default in the payment of debt secured by a deed of trust executed by Samuel David Worthington and Lacey Worthington, dated March 24, 2016, and recorded on March 25, 2016, document No. 20161058, in Book No. 2016, at page 1058 in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds, Stoddard County, Missouri, the undersigned Successor Trustee will on October 19, 2021, at 10:00 AM, at the Front Door of the Stoddard County Courthouse, Bloomfield, Missouri, sell at public vendue to the highest bidder for cash:. ...
Police & Fire Reports
Dexter Police for the week of September 1• Bennie Wells, 50 of Dexter, was booked at the Dexter City Jail on charges of disorderly conduct and burning rubbish. • Jimmy Garner, 54 of Sikeston, was booked at the Dexter City Jail on a warrant service for failure to appear/pay fine. • Janisha Winford, 29 of Howardville, was booked at the Dexter City Jail on a warrant service for failure to appear/pay fine...
Missouri State Highway Patrol for the week of 9/1/21• William C. Wright, 24 of Puxico, was arrested on Cape Girardeau warrants for failure-to-appear on the original charge of improper registration, failure-to-appear on the original charge of failure-to-maintain financial responsibility and failure-to-appear on the original charge of failure to yeild right of way. Wright was booked at the Stoddard County Jail...
- Grateful Headz holds ribbon cutting at Dexter location
- Arrest made in 1987 muder of Thomas Rowland
- Stoddard County ARC donates to Boon Park Project
- Stoddard County jury finds area man guilty of molestation
- Commission allocates $5 million of American Rescue Plan funds for water, sewer, broadband and hospital projects