Richland Student earns National journalism award (5/30/23)Richland student Kylee Carter loves photography. You could say it is in her blood as she is the daughter of Richland Yearbook instructor Kyle Carter, who is a gifted photographer himself. Recently Carter and his daughter Kylee made a trip to San Francisco where Kylee was named a 2023 Aspiring Young Journalist of the Year finalist for junior high from the Journalism Education Association (JEA). One of only four in the entire country...
Missouri Veterans Cemetery honors those who made the ultimate sacrifice (5/29/23)I always look up to veterans, my family is veterans. said Missouri Veterans Program Director and Keynote speaker Jim Nugent. My granddad was in World War II, my uncle was in Korea,I have two other great uncles that were in World War II, my other uncles were soldiers and so I feel honored to be part of that tradition. I look up to those in my family and I look up to all the veterans I have been able to work with over the years,...
June youth events offered in Dexter (5/28/23)First Baptist Church at 11 W. Castor St. in Dexter is starting summer with a busy month. In addition to their regular Sunday services and Wednesday kids ministries, there will be a kids and youth camp and Vacation Bible School in June. Were glad to get to do so much, said Online Ministry Director Rebecca Lovelady. We like to keep everyone connected during the summer vacation months....
- Dexter junior runner brings unique approach to competing (5/31/23)There are high school athletes that compete in track and field each spring because they simply have the athletic ability to do so, but in reality, they probably devote more time to higher-profile sports such as football and/or basketball.
- Former Notre Dame athlete to get a quick taste of top talent with Catfish (5/30/23)
- SEMO's Hess caps 2022-23 school year with top OVC honor (5/30/23)
- Dexter senior delivers an 'in the moment' relay anchor leg to claim C3 state title (5/28/23)
- Cade McCadams sets new Jackson record in state (5/27/23)
- BACK-TO-BACK FOR MORE: Portagevilles relentless pursuit of a state championship continues (5/26/23)
- Graham wins state title for Mules in high jump (5/26/23)
Marcia Kay Dobbins (5/30/23)Marcia Kay Dobbins passed away on May 10, 2023, at the age of 84. She is survived by her daughter...
Harold Gene (Bud) Hill (5/23/23)Harold Gene (Bud) Hill was born June 11, 1934, near Dudley, MO, the second son of Newman A. and...
Jessica Louise Brown (5/23/23)Jessica Louise Brown, 38, of Brownwood, MO, passed away March 17, 2023, at her home. She was born...
Geraldine Long (5/23/23)Geraldine Long, daughter of the late Robert Wilson and Bessie Link Wilson, was born on September 2,...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 31Stoddard County Warranty Deeds County Recorder CANDY COLLIER 05/15/2023 05/19/2023 Hobbs Wood Trust to Co. Rd. 450 Trust, SEC 4, TWP 25 R 8 Ethan Loy Reaves, Elizabeth Ann Reaves to Jessica Rae Cordingley, SEC 29, TWP 25 R 10 Michael Rhodes, Christine Rhodes to Hubert Neeley, Teresa Neeley, SEC 27, TWP 25 R 8...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 24Stoddard County Warranty Deeds County Recorder Candy Collier 05/08/2023 to 05/12/2023 Diane Sontheimer to Ryan Wishon, SEC 2, TWP 23 R 9 Dylan P. Cato to Joseph Passley, Tammy Passley, SEC 4, TWP 27 R 10 James McCollum to M6 Properties, SEC 23, TWP 26 R 10...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 17Stoddard County Warranty Deeds County Recorder Candy Collier 05/01/2023-05/05/2023 Michael D. Lasater, Cheryl G. Lasater to Lang Thi Tran, EASTGATE SUB DEXTER, BLOCK 4, LOT 10, EASTGATE SUB DEXTER, BLOCK 2, LOT 2 Clarence Dale Cobb to Geren W. Klusmeier, Kaycee M. Klusmeier, DAVID GLENNS ADD ADVANCE, BLOCK 6, LOT 2...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 10Civil Cases Filed BRITTANY R MARVEL V BRANDON T MARVEL - CC Dissolution- without Children Criminal Cases Filed ST V ANTHONY L WILLIAMS - Resisting Arrest/Detention/Stop By Fleeing - Creating A Substantial Risk Of Serious Injury/Death To Any Person, Fail To Drive On Right Half Of Rdwy When Rdwy Was Of Sufficient Width, Causing An Immedit Threat Of Accident, Oper A Motor Vehicle In A Careless And Imprudent Manner, Fail To Stop For Stop Sign At Stop Line/Before Crosswalk/Point Nearest Intersection, Driving While Revoked/Suspended - 1st Offense, Operate Motor Vehicle Owned By Another Knowing Owner Of Vehicle Has Not Maintained Financial Responsibility. ...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of May 3Stoddard County Warranty Deeds County Recorder Candy Collier 04/24/2023 04/28/2023 Brooklyn Metcalf, Brooklyn Dembowski to Edmund T. Dembowski, III, BOLLINGERS FIRST ADD BELL CITY, BLK 2, LOTS 8, 9 AND 10 Scott Spitzer to Kelsey Spitzer, Keaton Johnson, SEC 2, TWP 23 R 9...
Police & Fire Reports
Dexter Police week of May 3 Leon Williams, 33 of Memphis, was booked at the Dexter City Jail on the charges of driving while suspended or revoked, two counts fail to stop/yeild/obey police, two counts financial responsibility required and fail to drive on right half of roadway when roadway was of sufficient width...
- Fertility doctor accused of using own sperm dies in crash of hand-built plane
- Rolling thunder: Contestants chase cheese wheel down a hill in chaotic UK race
- Indian official suspended after he drains reservoir to retrieve phone he dropped while taking selfie
- Bear helps itself to 60 cupcakes from Connecticut bakery, scares employees
- Man killed in accident in Berlin with old-fashioned paternoster elevator