Eight new confirmed cases of COVID-19 confirmed in Stoddard CountyBen Godwin, Director of the Stoddard County Health Center, has confirmed eight new case of COVID-19 and nine recoveries. The county now sits at 584 confirmed cases with 101 active, 465 recovered and 18 deaths. Broken down by age group the cases are 0 to 19 – 78 cases, 20 to 29 – 89 cases, 30 to 39 – 69 cases, 40 to 49 – 90 cases, 50 to 59 – 78 cases, 60 to 69 – 67 cases, 70 to 79 – 56 cases and 80-plus – 57 cases. ...
Stoddard County Commission oks more than $250,000 in CARES Act fundsBLOOMFIELD — The Stoddard County Commission OK’d more than $250,000 in Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act funds during Monday’s weekly meeting. The commissioners approved $253,155.72 to be awarded to six entities: • Dexter R-XI Schools, $142,385;...
Missouri releases revised guidance to safely reunite families with loved ones in long-term care facilitiesThis week, the state released revised guidance for long-term care facilities in Missouri that choose to establish an Essential Caregiver program and/or resume general visits either inside or outside the facility, according to a release from the governor’s office.
Bell City returns to in-person classes after outbreakBell City returned to class on Monday after a total of 18 confirmed cases of COVID-19 forced the school to close on September 15. Superintendent Matt Asher said the district is now requiring junior high and high school students to wear masks at all times. ...
Limited tickets available for Dexter football game at Caruthersville (9/28/20)Fans attending Friday night’s football game between Dexter and Caruthersville at Caruthersville High School must possess a ticket to gain admittance. Dexter High School received 160 tickets for the game and gave them to the football and cheer coaches to distribute to parents, according to athletic director Josh Dowdy...
Cottonwood Early Learning Academy LLC ribbon cutting (9/28/20)The Dexter Chamber of Commerce held a ribbon cutting for Cottonwood Early Learning Academy LLC on Friday at 1017 Arvin Road. From left, Dexter Mayor Jason Banken; Tara Barker, Bank of Advance; Lea Jenkins, Southern Bank; Bonnie Cooper; Tommy Stafford, owner; Davina Stafford; Krista Stafford; Lisa Britton; Kevin Britton; Sara Selvidge; Dexter City Administrator Mark Stidham; Dexter Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Alisha Trammell and Cecil Haley, of Southern Bank, attended the ceremony...
Stoddard County Confirms 18th COVID-19 related death; 31 new cases (9/28/20)Ben Godwin, Director of the Stoddard County Health Center, has confirmed the 18th COVID-19 related death in Stoddard County. This death is not related to the nursing home or assisted living facility outbreak. Godwin also confirmed 31 new COVID-19 cases and 27 recoveries. Two of the new cases are staff members in the Stoddard County nursing home where the outbreak occurred. Of the new cases 16 were confirmed over the weekend and 15 on Monday...
12 new COVID-19 cases, 18 recoveries reported Friday in Stoddard County (9/25/20)Twelve additional cases of COVID-19 were reported Friday by the Stoddard County Public Health Center. Since the pandemic began, 545 positive cases have been reported in the county.
Mobile Home RentalFor rent-1057 Hwy AA PB across from Lake Road school. 2 bd, 2 bath, all appliances including washer/dryer. Clean and ready, water/sewer included, $450 month/deposit. Call 573-776-1711 8am-7pm.
Help WantedDump Truck Driver wanted with experience on dump trucks, call 573-686-4692, leave message if no answer.
Motorcycles & ATVsPrice Reduced! 2009 Harley Davidson, low miles, chromed, West Coast Chopper mirrors, kept in storage, cleaned after each ride. $5,500, 573-996-5519
- Advance fights off Dexter to win SCAA volleyball showdown in three-set sweep (9/29/20)ADVANCE — The Advance volleyball team played the role of closer Monday night in its SCAA victory over the Dexter Bearcats. Falling behind early in each set, the Hornets rallied to sweep Dexter 25-18, 25-17, 26-24 in a match that will go a long way in determining who the top seed will be for the upcoming conference tournament, which beings Oct. 12 at Bernie...
- Tennis Roundup, Sept. 29: Notre Dame eeks out win against Dexter, Improves to 9-1 on season (9/30/20)
- Baseball Roundup, Sept. 29: Malden scores three runs in sixth to beat Bloomfield 5-2 (9/29/20)
- Volleyball Roundup, Sept. 29: Cape Central wins matchup with Fox Monday, loses three of four matches at Jackson Invitational tourney (9/29/20)
- Volleyball Roundup, Sept. 28: Notre Dame defeats Bloomfield Friday in four set, improves to 6-8-2 (9/29/20)
- Bernie volleyball team beats Kennett in straight sets (9/28/20)
- Baseball Roundup, Sept. 28: Wagster, Bloomfield overpower Risco 15-0 (9/28/20)
Iva Jean Bay (9/29/20)Iva Jean Bay, daughter of the late Arvil Wilson and Mary Jane Riddle Wilson, was born on February...
Jimmie Dale Norris (9/29/20)Jimmie Dale Norris, son of the late Herman Norris and Elsie Sifford Norris, was born on December...
Terry Randall Griffey (9/29/20)Terry Randall Griffey, son of the late Ike Griffey and Ruth Henson Griffey, was born on December...
Linda Marie Doerschlen (9/29/20)Linda Marie Doerschlen of Dexter, daughter of the late Colonel Eddy Jack and Betty Jane Fisher...
Stoddard County Court Records for the week of September 30Stoddard County Warranty Deeds County Recorder Kay Asbell Sept. 14-18, 2020 • Ruben Garza Jr. and Eva Lorraine Ellis Garza to Anthony P. Brown and Bridgette Brown. Section 34 Township 24 Range 10. • Beaird Properties to Powe Gospel Church. Sadler Addition Bernie Block 5 Lots 1-4...
Trustees BlacklerTRUSTEE’S SALE IN RE: Robert Blackler, single Trustee’s Sale: For default in payment of debt and performance of obligation secured by Deed of Trust executed by Robert Blackler, single dated April 28, 2005, and recorded in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds of Stoddard County, Missouri in Book 423, Page 690 the undersigned Successor Trustee, at the request of the legal holder of said Note will on Thursday, October 8, 2020 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. ...
Trustees WeathersNOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE WHEREAS, Ronald Weathers and Tabitha Weathers, Husband and Wife, by a Deed of Trust dated June 25, 2010, and recorded on July 7, 2010, in the office of the Recorder of Deeds for Stoddard County, Missouri, in Book 512 at Page 378, conveyed to Bryan E. Nickell, Trustee, the following described property located at 13903 Grain Rd., Essex, MO 63846, situated in the County of Stoddard, State of Missouri, to-wit:...
Police & Fire Reports
Missouri State Highway Patrol for the week of September 30• A 58-year-old Advance woman was injured in a two-vehicle crash at 7:34 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23, on Highway 25, two miles east of Delta. According to the report, Matthew J. Armstrong, 34, of Puxico was operating an eastbound 1999 Freightliner, which was stopped in the road for another vehicle. Armstrong’s truck allegedly was struck in the rear by a 2018 GMC Acadia being operated by Marla J. Delay...
Stoddard County Sheriff for the week of September 30• Amy Ledbetter, 41, of Dexter was booked at the Stoddard County Jail on two warrants for probation violation. • Kasey Lynn Jenkins, 31, of Dexter was booked at the Stoddard County Jail on two warrants for probation violation. • Danny Lee Baker, 45, of Puxico was booked at the Stoddard County Jail on a warrant for first-degree harassment. He was released on bond...
- Stoddard County confirms two COVID-19 related deaths in nursing home outbreak
- 10 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Stoddard County
- Stoddard County confirms 17th COVID-19 related death
- 12 new COVID-19 cases, 18 recoveries reported Friday in Stoddard County
- Stoddard County Confirms 18th COVID-19 related death; 31 new cases
- Giant pumpkins smash Utah state record at weigh-off in Lehi
- Giant rat wins animal hero award for sniffing out landmines
- Bank manager finds 9.07-carat diamond in Arkansas state park
- 3 accused of creating man cave under Grand Central Terminal
- Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca